In SFB 823 "Statistics of Nonlinear Dynamical Processes" (2009 - 2017, funded by DFG).
- Subproject B3: Statistical modeling of temporally and spectrally highly resolved audio data
- Subproject B4: Statistical process modeling in the processing of inhomogeneous mineral substrates
- Subproject C2: Optimal experimental design for dynamic statistical models
In SFB 475 "Complexity reduction in multivariate data structures" (1997 - 2009, funded by DFG)
- Subproject A4: Statistical methods and machine learning (1997 - 2009)
- Subproject C5: Analysis and modeling of the deep drilling process with methods of statistics and neural networks (2000 - 2009)
- Subproject B3: Multivariate determination and investigation of business cycles (1997 - 2006)
- Subproject A2: Efficient Model Building by Optimal Design of Experiments (1997 - 2000)
In the Research Training Group "Statistical Modeling" (2004 - 2013, funded by DFG)
- Project B3: Multi-objective optimization of correlated quality attributes using the desirability index
- Project C4: Statistical modeling of music: from its generation to its perception
- Project D2: Problem-specific optimization of an ECOC class binaryization for multiclass classification problems
- Project D3: Cluster and classification methods in spectral analysis
- Project D4: Numerical properties of algorithms of statistical learning methods
In the Research Training Group "Applied Statistics" (1993 - 2003, funded by the DFG)
- Subproject C: Technometrics and Industrial Statistics (1997 - 2003)
- "Industrial Data Science - Qualification Concept for Machine Learning in Industrial Production" (InDaS), funded by BMBF (2017 - 2019).
- "Development, integration and validation of innovative processes and QA methods in the production of large-format lithium-ion cells" (QS-Zell) as part of the ProZell research network / competence cluster, funded by the BMBF (2016 - 2019)
- Subproject 5 "Adaptive Modeling and Real-Time Identification of Transcontinental Power Systems" in the DFG Research Group "Protection and Control Systems for Reliable and Safe Electric Power Transmission" (2011 - 2017).
- Climate Information Platform for Copernicus (CLIPC), funded in the 7th Framework Programme of the European Union (2013 - 2016).
- Support vector machines for extremely large data sets (funded by Mercator) (2013 - 2015).
- Software development for Daimler AG (2013 - 2015).
- Research work in statistical methodology (Unilever) (2012 - 2015)
- NRW research school "Energy efficient production and logistics" (2009 - 2014)
- Multi-objective optimization of automatic music classification based on higher order features using computational intelligence methods (funded by Klaus Tschira Foundation) (2009 - 2012)
- International NRW Graduate School of Production Engineering and Logistics (2003 - 2009)
- Diagnostic Classification Algorithms in Heterogeneous Populations (funded by Roche Diagnostics GmbH, Penzberg) (2005 - 2008)
- Post Cochlea Processing (funded by Fraunhofer Institute Digital Media Technology, Ilmenau) (2004 - 2007)
- Analysis of Statistical Methods for Standardization of Diagnostic Assays (funded by Roche Diagnostics GmbH, Penzberg) (2003 - 2006)